It is the last day of the first quarter 2020, and I wanted to share some numbers with you , statistics really, to show you just how special and amazing you are as an entrepreneur. Read these, and feel free to puff up a little. You take the ups with the downs and show up day after day. That needs some celebration.
So here are some stats about the beautiful group to which we all belong to:
- 62% of US billionaires are self-made
- In 2016, there were 25 million Americans who were starting or already running their own business
- 60% of people who start small businesses are between the ages of 40 and 60.
- There are 582 million entrepreneurs in the world.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) also reports that 1 in 12 businesses closes each year.
- 5% of small businesses fail within the first year.
- More than 70% of all small business owners ranked their happiness level higher than 5 on a scale of 1 to 10
- From 2000 to 2017, small businesses created 4 million net new jobs
- Currently, 9 million people are employed by small businesses
- This is a 1.1 million increase from 2016. This currently makes up 47.8% of U.S. employees
- More than half of small business employees say they feel happy with their job
- 64% of small businesses currently have a website
For the Ladies:
- There are 3 million women-owned businesses in the U.S.
- Women own four out of every 10 businesses in the U.S.
- Compare this to 45 years ago when there were only 402,000 women-owned businesses in the U.S.
- Woman-owned businesses generate $1.8 trillion in revenue
Pretty great, right?
Print this article out and keep it somewhere you can see it on challenging days. Every day you get up and show up to serve you are a Rockstar. Thanks for bringing your passion project to the world.